The standard model for training for the Texas Crisis Resiliency Team is the NOVA CRT training. The Texas Crisis Resiliency Team sponsors regular training events in Texas.
The goals of the training are to understand the theory of crisis intervention and to learn the NOVA model for individual and group crisis intervention. The training will be led by NOVA certified trainers.
- NOVA’s Twenty-four hour (Three-day) Basic Crisis Response Team (CRT) Training establishes a foundation for crisis and trauma theory along with practical instruction, techniques and exercises in the process of crisis intervention.
- NOVA’s Forty-hour (Five-day) Basic Crisis Response Team (CRT) Training takes the 24-hour, three-day training and expands the application of the theory and practice involving specialized scenarios that confront crisis responders.
- The Advanced Crisis Response Team training is Twenty-four Hours (3-Day) and equips participants, in concert with similarly trained colleagues, to help groups of affected people to cope with their immediate emotional reactions when a crisis strikes their community, and to plan for longer-term emotional support.
Texas NOVA Training Schedule:
NOVA Basic Course:
11, 18 May, 1 June 2013 24 Hour Basic Course
Location: Alpine, TX Sul Ross State University, Law Enforcement Academy
Course at Alpine – CANCELLED!
12-14 June 2013 24 Hour Basic Course
Location: Baptist Building, 333 North Washington, Dallas, TX 75246
Time: 8 AM to 5 PM
Cost: $300. (For members of Texas Baptist Churches, the cost is $100)
See Pulicity Flyer – Dallas NOVA Publicity Flyer
Click Here to Register: https://secure.acceptiva.com/?cst=2356e9
For NOVA Training outside of Texas go to the National NOVA website at: http://www.trynova.org/
Training conducted in 2012:
NOVA Basic 40 Hour Course Jan / Feb 2012 Valley Baptist Medical Center, Harlingen, TX
NOVA Basic 40 Hour Couse 14-18 May Wayland Baptist University, Plainview, TX
NOVA Basic 24 Hour Course 22-24 May Huntsville, TX
NOVA Basic 24 Hour Course 28-30 Aug Artesia, NM (see AAR under helpful documents)
NOVA Basic 24 Hour Course 2-4 Oct San Antonio, TX (see AAR under helpful documents)
NOVA Advanced Course 6-8 Nov San Antonio, TX — Conducted by National NOVA Trainer and hosted by Texas CRT
Team members are expected to complete the National Incident Management System (NIMS) training required of all disaster responders. These free on-line courses are valuable in helping disaster responders understand the operational organization and language of disaster response. All of the online training is intended to be “open book”. This is accomplished by printing the test questions before taking a course. All team members are expected to complete the following courses:
- FEMA IS-100-ICS http://training.fema.gov/EMIWeb/IS/is100b.asp
- FEMA IS-200-ICS http://www.training.fema.gov/EMIWeb/IS/is200b.asp
- FEMA IS-700.a-NIMS http://training.fema.gov/EMIWeb/IS/is700a.asp
- FEMA IS-800B-NRF http://training.fema.gov/EMIWeb/IS/IS800b.asp
Please note that these courses change and sometimes the website location is moved. Please inform us if you have problems.