The standard model for training for the Texas Crisis Resiliency Team is the NOVA CRT training. The Texas Crisis Resiliency Team sponsors regular training events in Texas.
The goals of the training are to understand the theory of crisis intervention and to learn the NOVA model for individual and group crisis intervention. The training will be led by NOVA certified trainers.
- NOVA’s Twenty-four hour (Three-day) Basic Crisis Response Team (CRT) Training establishes a foundation for crisis and trauma theory along with practical instruction, techniques and exercises in the process of crisis intervention.
- The Advanced Crisis Response Team training is Twenty-four Hours (3-Day) and equips participants, in concert with similarly trained colleagues, to help groups of affected people to cope with their immediate emotional reactions when a crisis strikes their community, and to plan for longer-term emotional support.
Texas NOVA Training Schedule:
NOVA Basic Course:
Location: San Antonio Emergency Operation Center, 8130 Inner Circle Dr., San Antonio, TX 78235
Cost: $300 (Scholarship rate for members of Texas Baptists – BGCT of $100)
Registration Deadline: 26 September 2014
Publicity Flyer: NOVA CRT Invitation Flyer – 2014 San Antonio
Register at: https://secure.acceptiva.com/?
6-8 November 2014 24 Hour Basic Course
Location: Ranch Fellowship Cowboy Church, 1434 Wimberley Road, Merkel, TX
Registration Deadline: 24 October 2014
NOTE: Primary purpose of this training is to develop a church focused community response team for the area around Merkel, TX
Registration at: https://secure.acceptiva.com/?
For additional NOVA Training conducted by the National NOVA Office go to the National NOVA website at: http://www.trynova.org/
Training conducted in 2013:
NOVA Basic 24 Hour Course 12-14 June 2013 Dallas, TX
NOVA Basic 24 Hour Course 22-24 Jul 2013 San Benito, TX
NOVA Basic Course Fall Semester 2013 Dallas Baptist University
NOVA Basic 24 Hour Course 2-4 Oct 2013 Belton, TX
NOVA Basic 24 Hour Course 5-7 Nov 2013 Abilene, TX
NOVA Basic 24 Hour Course 2-4 Dec 2013 Region 4 Education Service Center, Houston, TX
Training conducted in 2014:
NOVA Basic 24 Hour Couse 25-27 Mar 2014 Harlingen, TX
NOVA Basic 24 Hour Course 2-4 Jun 2014 Dallas, TX
NOVA Advanced Course 11-13 Jun 2014 Dallas , TX (sponsored by Texas Crisis Resiliency Team, but conducted by NOVA)
NOVA Training of Trainers 21-25 Jul 2014 Dallas, TX (sponsored by Texas Crisis Resiliency Team, but conducted by NOVA)
NOVA Basic 40 Hour Course 22, 25-28 August 2014 Yokota Air Force Base, Japan
Team members are expected to complete the National Incident Management System (NIMS) training required of all disaster responders. These free on-line courses are valuable in helping disaster responders understand the operational organization and language of disaster response. All of the online training is intended to be “open book”. This is accomplished by printing the test questions before taking a course. All team members are expected to complete the following courses:
- FEMA IS-100-ICS http://training.fema.gov/EMIWeb/IS/is100b.asp
- FEMA IS-200-ICS http://www.training.fema.gov/EMIWeb/IS/is200b.asp
- FEMA IS-700.a-NIMS http://training.fema.gov/EMIWeb/IS/is700a.asp
- FEMA IS-800B-NRF http://training.fema.gov/EMIWeb/IS/IS800b.asp
Please note that these courses change and sometimes the website location is moved. Please inform us if you have problems.