The standard model for training for the Texas Crisis Resiliency Team is the NOVA CRT training. The Texas Crisis Resiliency Team sponsors regular training events in Texas.
The goals of the training are to understand the theory of crisis intervention and to learn the NOVA model for individual and group crisis intervention. The training will be led by NOVA certified trainers.
- NOVA’s Twenty-four hour (Three-day) Basic Crisis Response Team (CRT) Training establishes a foundation for crisis and trauma theory along with practical instruction, techniques and exercises in the process of crisis intervention.
- The Advanced Crisis Response Team training is Twenty-four Hours (3-Day) and equips participants, in concert with similarly trained colleagues, to help groups of affected people to cope with their immediate emotional reactions when a crisis strikes their community, and to plan for longer-term emotional support.
Texas NOVA Training Schedule:
NOVA Basic Course:
5-9 January 2015 40 Hour Basic Course
Location: Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska
For members of Air Force Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Team and Chaplains
Agenda: 40 Hour Agenda Alaska Jan 2015
28-30 January 2015 24 Hour Basic Course
Location: Scott & White Memorial Hospital, Temple, TX
For employees of Scott & White Healthcare (EMS, Trauma Services, Emergency Department, Social Workers and Chaplains)
16-20 March 2015 40 Hour Basic Course
Location: Osan AFB Korea
For members of Air Force Sexual Assault Prevention and Responsee Team and Chaplains
23-25 April 2015 24 Hour Basic Course
Location: First Baptist Church, Texas City, TX
Open to anyone desiring to help with the emotional and spiritual needs of victims of trauma.
Cost: $100 for members of Texas Baptist (BGCT) churches, $350 for all others.
Publicity Flyer: NOVA CRT Invitation Flyer – 2015 Texas City
In planning stage, registration link coming soon.
22-24 June 2015 24 Hour Basic Course
Location: Hendrick Medical Center, 1900 Pine St., Abilene, TX 79601
In planning stage. Will be open to others in addition to employees of Hendrix Medical Center.
For any organization interested in hosting a training in their location, please contact: Dan.Franklin@texasbaptists.org
Training conducted in 2014:
NOVA Basic 24 Hour Couse 25-27 Mar 2014 Harlingen, TX
NOVA Basic 24 Hour Course 2-4 Jun 2014 Dallas, TX
NOVA Advanced Course 11-13 Jun 2014 Dallas , TX (sponsored by Texas Crisis Resiliency Team, but conducted by NOVA)
NOVA Training of Trainers 21-25 Jul 2014 Dallas, TX (sponsored by Texas Crisis Resiliency Team, but conducted by NOVA)
NOVA Basic 40 Hour Course 22, 25-28 August 2014 Yokota Air Force Base, Japan
NOVA Basic 24 Hour Couse, 6-8 Oct 2014, San Antonio, TX
NOVA Basic 24 Hour Course, 6-8 Nov 2014, Merkel, TX
NOVA Basic 40 Hour Course, 1-5 Dec 2014, Kadena Air Force Base, Okinawa
NOVA Basic 40 Hour Course, 8-12 Dec 2014, Joint Base Pearl Harbor – Hickam, Hawaii
Team members are expected to complete the National Incident Management System (NIMS) training required of all disaster responders. These free on-line courses are valuable in helping disaster responders understand the operational organization and language of disaster response. All of the online training is intended to be “open book”. This is accomplished by printing the test questions before taking a course. All team members are expected to complete the following courses:
- FEMA IS-100-ICS http://training.fema.gov/EMIWeb/IS/is100b.asp
- FEMA IS-200-ICS http://www.training.fema.gov/EMIWeb/IS/is200b.asp
- FEMA IS-700.a-NIMS http://training.fema.gov/EMIWeb/IS/is700a.asp
- FEMA IS-800B-NRF http://training.fema.gov/EMIWeb/IS/IS800b.asp
Please note that these courses change and sometimes the website location is moved. Please inform us if you have problems.